Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Welcome to Our Family Time, Welcome to Our Brotherly Time! - Introduction Blog

Hello all! Welcome to my new side blog, Disney Danielle! Of course I must give credit where credit is due...the title of this blog must be credited to my good friend and podcast co-host, Eric. Thank you Eric! He has been insistent on this name ever since we began recording our podcast and I was never into it until, well, a few weeks ago.
So here is an introduction to me! My name is Danielle. I am 23 years old, 24 later this month. Ever since I was born I have been exposed to Disney. I had Disney toys, Disney clothes, Disney books, and Disney VHS tapes. Like most children in the 1990s, Disney was shoved down my throat...though I don't say that with all the negative baggage a saying like that usually holds. On the contrary, I'm so thankful for having such a prevalent exposure to Disney in my childhood, otherwise I may have rejected it when I became an adult. From the animated films to the classic 90s TV shows to the man himself, I can't get enough of Disney! I dressed up as Disney characters on Halloween as a kid, read tons of Disney books and even got to go to Disney world a few times. I watched the VHS tapes my grandma bought endlessly. I could never get enough. When I was a teenager I attended a week long church camp and my pastor showed us a clip from the Lion King. This is when I began to realize how relevant Disney remained even as I grew up. It was at that moment that I became engrossed in studying entertainment and it's connection to faith and spirituality, though at the time I hardly knew how to put into words what I was feeling. Since then I have created my very own podcast, with the help of my three very good friends, all about Disney and looking at this company with a critical lens called Talk Magic to Me.
You can usually find me at my blog, The Reader (original title, right?) where I blog about books, art, and social norms and I frequently write about Disney. Now that I am more heavily invested in Disney with the podcast, I figured I should make a new blog where all of my Disney posts can reside. And when this idea was conceived, Disney Danielle was soon born. Ta-da!
On this site you will find movie reviews, book reviews, news commentary, analysis posts, and more! I will frequently recommend books, podcasts, Broadway shows, blogs, youtube videos, and whatever else comes to my brain! I will blog once a week. For the first few months of this blog I will be reposting blogs from my reading blog as well as the Talk Magic to Me blogs I wrote in the past. I can't wait!
My hope is to interact with you all and make this a place for freedom of opinions and healthy conversation! Always let me know what you think! Conversation is always welcome and your opinion is just as valid as my own and the next persons! I hope this will be a magical experience for all of us!
Check in every week for a new blog! And be sure to listen to Talk Magic to Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment